Sunday was our first downpour rain day. Katie work up still feeling sick, so it was decided that Dave would stay behind at the hotel while the rest of us went to the Safari park. I was expecting a small little pathetic zoo, I was so wrong. This zoo was huge and the animals were in abundance. When we arrived it was raining. We luckily had our umbrella. Seeing that it was Sunday the zoo was expected to be busy, not as busy if it wasn't raining. We started off seeing the baby tigers, there were 7 total and they were playful ones. We then headed over to the Panda house which there were 10 of them, they were awake and eating. Got some good pictures of them eating. It started to downpour so hard that even with umbrella we were getting soaked. So we brought rain ponchos for the kids. So now we needed to try to keep all the kids together and separate them from all the other kids that were wearing the same pink poncho as my girls and the rest of the Madison girls were. We luck out that it only rained that hard for about ½ or so and then it sprinkle. We saw a lot of baby animals including elephants and camels, deer like animals and so forth. We then finished the zoo of on a safari train ride. The ride was awesome. I have been to many zoos in the US and this is one of the nice ones. The animals appeared healthy and they had a lot of room to roam around in. Once we got back to the Island, Cindy and I took the girls to Lucy for a wonderful late lunch with another Madison family whose little 4 year old girl is deaf. Erin and her enjoy each other company a lot, the kids also played at the park and then we walked a little bit on the island and stumbled on a "grand Opening" of a restaurant near Sharmin Hotel. They had dragon dancing going on, so we watched that before heading back to the hotel. When we walked into the lobby, Jade's parents were there waiting for us, so we quick dropped our stuff off in the room and headed out with them. They took us on about a 2 mile walk. Erin was showing a little bit of a attitude and sassiness. She got mad at me, because she has no patience and she starts to grab at things or try to walk ahead like she knows where she going. She likes to drag her feet at times and be slow, so I asked her to walk faster because Jade's Mom was walking like a bullet. She did her little sassy mouthing words and rolling her eyes. I responded instantly and said you please stop that, she looked at me and said ok and then ran up to Jade's mom and grabbed her hand. I let this go for a little while as Jade mom was so excited and talking and pointing out things to Erin. After about 5 minutes, Jade's mom let go of Erin's hand and I casually grabbed it. Erin wasn't happy at first, but I stood my grounds. So the rest of the walk was uneventful. They brought us to a Muslim restaurant for Lamb. Jade loves lamb and us very envious of us going there. We casually (my sister, Dave and I came up with this plan before going in), we put all the girls in their spots and Dave and I sat on each side of Erin, she tried to get up and move and we told her no. She was good for the meal and made some interactions with Dave and I. We got to watch dancers too and that was fun. We finished supper and then head back to the hotel, this time, they put us on the metro which was remarkable clean and so forth. I was grateful for that. When we got of the metro and before I could do anything, Erin grabbed Jade's mom hand and walked with her. I made a comment to him that this was not good at all and then said we really need to quiet time at the hotel (not this night). It has been great being with Jade's parents, but I also felt we were regressing with Erin. So we got back, took family pictures, had Jade's parents skype with her, which was the first time they have seen her since last August. Jade's dad is leaving Monday, so we bid farewell to him and gave him many thanks for the wonderful, sensational time. While Jade's parents were skyping, the girls were playing cards and Erin was playing with a blow up balloon maker. Dave discovered that the pepto bismol that we have been giving Katie was an antacid, not everything else that we thought was in it. As soon as he gave her the adult kind, she started feeling better. She still ate less then normal. She isn't sick at all and wasn't having loose stools so thank God for that. I woke up with some loose stools and took immodium which helped wonderfully. Erin is also not hanging on my sister as much, my sister will sign with Erin all the time, but if Erin tries to hang on my sister or wants my sister to get her something, My sister will casually back away and kinda get Dave and I up with Erin. We are very grateful for that. Thank you everyone with sending the prayers for as all. |
11 months ago









Thank you for the updates and pics!! So good to hear how it is going! Hang in there you are doing great!!
ReplyDeletePrayers being said for all of you!!
I love the pics of the pink raincoats and the animals. Cute!
ReplyDeleteKeep hanging in there. Just a few more days and then you'll be heading home. It will be so nice for you all to back on your own turf.
I just love the pink raincoats, too. And I'm jealous-my well has been dry since late July.
ReplyDelete