Tuesday August 31 was a bittersweet day. We started the day off bringing Jade to St. Olaf to move her in. Her roommate hasn't arrived yet, so she got to pick which side of the room she wanted and we got a good start on unpacking. It was hard saying goodbye to her, it is amazing that we have only have her in our lives for just over 2 years, but it seems like a lifetime. She has brought so much to our family and to everyone she meets. We spent about 3 hours with her at St. Olaf's and the time just fly past us. Katie started getting sad thinking she wasn't going to see Jade again, we had to do some reassuring with her, the emotions then started in. When we said goodbye, I didn't look her in the eyes until right before we left, I knew the tears would start to flow and I wanted to leave her with a smile, which I did through the tears. It was a mad dash home, to take a shower before heading to the airport. We are very proud of Jade. please disregard the next blog entry that has the same picture as this entry, I was trying some thing on line. |
11 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment