| Erin trying out scootering while Katie and Jenny bike. Monika was gone at gymnastic. |
| She is getting the hang of it, but kept saying the girls are biking way to fast |
Today we had to big appointments. The first one was this morning and lasted an hour. We saw her doctor. This doctor has been the younger girls doctor almost since they came home. She is very gentle and patient and takes the time to visit with you. We discovered that Erin does not have a bladder infection, so I had to do some talking with broken ASL and so forth and a lot of explaining to her what she has and what to expect. I am hoping she understood what I said. Poor girl so many changes and add that one to it. She was pretty calm about the whole thing. We then stopped at my sister house and she got to meet their dog and tell me that she wants a dog. Now I have 4 daughters bugging me for a dog. Katie wants a cat.
This afternoon we went to the audiologist. The one that I have had for many years retired and sold the company, we went to the one that she sold the company too. This audiologist (male) is very nice and gentle with Erin. But we didn't get a good feeling at all. He acted like he was unsure of himself, not sure what he should do with Erin. I don't feel he did a good enough job and I really had to ask a lot of questions to get some answers. He was like, she got profound hearing loss in both ears but I think hearing aids would work, and then focus on just one brand. He said her hearing is pretty much the same in both ears, which I find hard because she has always said she can hear out of the right and not the left and she doesn't respond to loud noises on the left side only the right side. Dave and I let him make moldings for her ears, but we are not sure if we want to stay with him or go elsewhere. I don't want to wait to long as I would like her hearing aides, she has been asking for them since she saw my and my sister's cochlears. She keeps telling us that she had one when she was 11. We are also trying to find some assistance for the hearing aides, they are a little pricey which we knew.
On the way home, Erin was in the back seat as Dave and I were in the front, she decided to unclip the seat belt, Dave asked her 3 times to put it back on and she kept saying no, so I pulled over and told her to put it on. She compiled but wasn't happy. As we were pulling in the driveway, she did it again, I told her you don't do that until the car is stop. She was not happy with me and went to her room to "sleep" until supper time. I don't know if she was trying to see what she could get away with or what. We had told her since day one that you have to wear one when in the car, she sees her sisters and us always buckling up.
Jenny had a huge meltdown tonight over a very small thing, I think she just needed to have a really good cry, once she was done, she was a happy camper. Monika is slowly getting caught up on all the homework she has, I am hoping this weekend we will have her back on track. Katie is staying on task and caught up.
Dave is feeling under the weather, he got a bad cold which is affecting his asthma. Keep him in your prayers, he hasn't been really able to spend quality time with Erin because he is fighting this cold and sleeping a lot.
Thankfully my paperwork pile is getting smaller, I am hoping to have it completed this weekend.
I am so thankful for the Lord in what he has given our family.

Sounds just my kiddos the seat belt thing. They did/do the same thing, they think if I am not looking they can take off/not put on their seat belts. And I do the same thing, stop the car. Chloe also "sleeps" aka POUTS when she is corrected, she says she doesn't like to be yelled at, even though we didn't raise our voices. So Erin sounds really normal:)
ReplyDelete